If you miss the old days of grandma's kitchen or your own mother's old fashioned cozy home, you can reconnect here and get a flavor for all things vintage, warm, cozy, special, and memorable!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Welcome to my blog

So I had been thinking about starting this blog for years. However, I am no computer wizard. But I have a niece named Alyssa who is a wizard, an artist, a free spirit, and most of all, just so helpful!  She set me up, and what do you know?  Here I am!

I love the 40's and 50's eras.  I loved the old fashioned kitchen, the utensils and dinnerware used, the furniture..I guess you could say I just love the lifestyle as I perceive it.  Moms were in the kitchen and putting their feminine touch on everything using the styles of the day that I happen to love.

Throughout the past few years, I have acquired some pretty nice vintage things that someday I hope to incorporate into my new space, kind of starting over.  I am not really traditional anymore. I am vintage through and through. Furniture pieces, beautiful dish sets from time gone by, linens and just the overall flavors of it all will be posted here.

My kids may think I am a bit obsessed with this stuff.  But I say that if something makes you happy, then surround yourself with it and sharing my obsession here is a positive step toward keeping the clutter in my mind to a minimum.

Have fun with this page. Post and share always!

Love,

Kimberley

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your blog Kimber and most important - hope it brings you much joy. I assume you like Susan Branch - your photo reminds me of her cookbooks. And LOVE your picnic basket idea.
    Love, Christi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for sharing Christi! These are nice comments and I hope to see more of them. Well, this blog is still young. I hope I can inspire more of these types of notes in the future. Continue to follow me and we shall see! Thank you for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...