If you miss the old days of grandma's kitchen or your own mother's old fashioned cozy home, you can reconnect here and get a flavor for all things vintage, warm, cozy, special, and memorable!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Something's Cooking in Grandma's Kitchen....

Vintage stove top pot and lid
Do these conjure up any memories for you?

Do you remember cooking the turkey in a roaster like this?

Do these look familiar?

A lovely cheese plate and dome

The Jewel Tea man used to bring these over when he visited

I love to cook and one of the things that makes cooking enjoyable is having the utensils that not only help to create the dish, but also the ones that help in serving, which is really, presenting the final result. I find that when I cook, I sometimes revert back to my grandma's kitchen.   She had the utensils pictured here in her kitchen, on the shelves, in the cupboard drawers, and in the middle of her dining room table. They conjure up memories of baking a cherry pie using cherries from the tree in the yard, cooking up a stew in her hammered granite ware  metal pots using vegetables from her garden, and serving her culinary creations in various other vessels that left a mark on me.  I enjoy seeing these different containers in antique shops and at yard sales, and while I hold off purchasing many of these things, I have indulged in a few pieces that I am having trouble parting with, even though they were originally purchased to sell online.  With fall comes the opportunity to create the same wonderful comfort foods that grandma did. So for me....I plan to hang onto these things a while longer. Maybe my children will someday come to appreciate them.....just as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...