If you miss the old days of grandma's kitchen or your own mother's old fashioned cozy home, you can reconnect here and get a flavor for all things vintage, warm, cozy, special, and memorable!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

An unusual napkin holder...discovered on this summer day..

So how was your summer day?  It was beautiful out here in Troy, and I noticed my neighbor Janet putting some things out onto her driveway that were in her garage.  She had moved into the house in the last month and I knew she probably had some pretty neat stuff, so I ventured over to see.  She greeted me and said she was getting ready to have a yard sale this weekend, she had heard the weather was going to be great.  I could not help but poke around in her stuff and I came across this really neat piece.  Jennifer explained that her sister had given this to her and I asked what it was.  Turns out that it is a napkin holder.  A very interesting one too!  Has anyone ever seen anything like this?  It looks like a Mexican girl and the colors were perfect for my kitchen.  She gave it to me!  This just goes to show, you never know what you will find just innocently checking out someones garage sale items before the sale! 

Here's another I found at an antique mall just a couple of days ago.....(October 12, 2011)


2 comments:

  1. that reminds me of something gramma Cece would have had in her kitchen... I remember she had some kind of nick nack thing of a womans head , almost reminded me of Lucile Ball only this lady had dark hair... I don't remember if she was used for something or if she was just to look at... do you remember her? it was on the built in shelf unit in the kitchen by the table in the corner... I wounder what ever happened to her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma had so many neat things in her kitchen, and while I do remember a lady's head piece, I cannot say I absolutely recall what it was,...a vase or a napkin holder or ? Were you ever at Grandma Pohl's? She had a vase of a Lucille Ball type woman's head with dangly pearl earrings on it..remember that? I wish I had been more appreciative of Grandma Cece's things because her house was full of nostalgia. I remember one thing of hers I was given..it was that trivet that said "No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!" :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...