If you miss the old days of grandma's kitchen or your own mother's old fashioned cozy home, you can reconnect here and get a flavor for all things vintage, warm, cozy, special, and memorable!

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Vintage Summer and Other Lovely Things

Spring has sprung, as they say, and it has been actually been so wet that it leaves many of us wondering what is in store for summer. I know that whatever is happening now it is ten times better than last year here in Michigan when it was so hot and humid so early in the spring that we never felt like we had a spring. Hey, on the whole, I am just grateful for blue skies, leaves on the trees and the enjoyment of early morning or late evening walks even if I have to wear a sweatshirt for either!
I cannot believe that it has been since March that I have not visited my page and shared my thoughts and information on the things I know and love and the memories I have of days past that made me the person I am today. 

The things that come to mind when I think of summer are many.  The last day of school, wrapping the textbooks in brown paper and cleaning out my desk, picnic lunches out on the grass by the rectory...all of these things were commonplace up until eighty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...