If you miss the old days of grandma's kitchen or your own mother's old fashioned cozy home, you can reconnect here and get a flavor for all things vintage, warm, cozy, special, and memorable!

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I loved my childhood. I was blessed with a great one. I grew up in a middle class family with a mom and a dad in the home and six children, made up of 5 sisters and a little brother.  Full house..yes..and I wouldn't change it for anything.  But as a very young child, I spent an inordinate amount of time at my grandmother's house. I sometimes get flashbacks, even though I was only 1, 2 or 3 when I was there!  It's pretty amazing when it happens. I know it happens to me because that was a very happy time in my life and happy times memories are as strong or stronger than sad ones. 
Lately, as my life at 52 became more solid, my plans coming to fruition in a good way, and really feeling more secure in myself and my state of affairs, I get even more flashbacks. I have been embracing the sights, sounds and memories of earlier times.  Those times include an era in which I never lived.  I, for some reason, love the early '40s.   I love the music, the way the people of that era dressed, the furniture and homelife and everything surrounding that era.  I cannot explain it. Maybe the world has changed so much and the traditional lifestyle is waning and I just wish subconsciously that it wouldn't.  I miss the old days so much that I am escaping each time I encounter something that reminds me of the old American traditional family and all the things that went with it.
In that vein I have, over the years, collected many cool things such as furnishings, decorative accessories, scarves, purses and

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...